Turkish real estate vocabulary

DASK / Earthquake insurance

Every home owner in Turkey must insure their property via the DASK insurance, which is a compulsory insurance covering after earthquakes and earthquake related incidents. DASK stands for "Doğal Afet Sigortaları Kurumu" and only covers your building structure, not any interior or common areas. The maximum coverage amount of the DASK insurance is written on the policy. The get a higher coverage and to cover also the interior of your property or to get coverage for other kinds of damage such as water, fire or theft a seperate household insurance must be done.